Imam Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali al-Askari (a.s.) is the eleventh imam of the infallible imams of the Ahlul Bayt (a.s) who carried the banner of Islam, undertook the goals of the true religion, sacrificed their lives into its way, and accustomed themselves to face disasters, difficulties, and hardship to spread the high values and goals of this religion… and how many favors they had done to Muslims!
This great imam had intellectual, scientific talents and powers that made him one of the genius men of the human intellect, as he was one of the heroes of history by his resisting the different events and his standing against the deviate, oppressive Abbasid rule. He rebelled against the corruptive regimes and spared no effort in achieving truth and justice among people.
Imam Abu Muhammad (a.s.) was like his fathers in his tendencies and aims. They all were like each other in reaching the highest ranks of virtue and perfection.
In his wide knowledge, he was nonesuch at his time. Historians say that he was the most knowledgeable one in the religious verdicts and affairs and that all scholars and ulama of his age were in need of him to ladle from the fount of his knowledge and sciences.
The Life Of Imam Al-Hasan Al-Askari(pbuh) Study And Analysis by Baqir Shareef al-Quraishi, pg.9
- Name: Hasan bin Ali(pbut)
- Father’s name: Ali bin Muhammad(pbut)
- Mother’s name: Janabe Saleel,Sousan
- Date of Birth: 8th Rabiul Aakhar , 232 A.H.
- Place of Birth: Madinah Munawwarah(present Saudi Arabia)
- Kunniyat: Abu Muhammad
- Titles: Askari, Khalis, Zaki, Hadi etc.
- Life span: 28 years
- Martydom: 8th Rabiul Awwal, 260 A.H.
- Cause of death: Poisoned by Al-Mu’tamid Abbasi(accursed)
- Buried at: Samarra(present Iraq)